Stanford, where Shakespeare's Avon flows gently through the park, has been the home of the Cave family, ancestors of the present owner, since 1430. In the 1690's Sir Roger Cave commissioned the Smiths of Warwick to pull down the old manor house and build the present hall, which is a fine example of their work and the William and mary period.
The ballroom grandly resplendent in pink and gold has a fine coved ceiling with four trompe l'oeil shell corners. the mellow paneled library is lined with over 5000 books, as well as many interesting manuscripts, the oldest dating from 1150.
Throughout the house are portraits of the family and examples of furniture and objects which they have collected over the centuries. there is also the Royal stuart collection of portraits previously belonging to the Cardinal Duke of York, the last of the male Royal Stuarts.
The peaceful drawing rooms with their lovely portraits and elegant furniture overlook the 150 acre private estate set in 850 acres of tranquil fields and woodland.
Outside and adjacent to the stable block is the rose garden where there is a small chapel and a working forge. This lovely area is ideal for a quiet retreat.
The accommodation at Stanford Hall combines history and grandeur with contemporary luxury. This allow the hall to be extremely flexible in meeting the needs of its guests. Most bedrooms are en-suite and provide comfort and privacy.